"Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile, a world of optimism and hope. A ‘you can do it’ when things are tough."
-Richard M. De Vos
The pandemic has thrown humanity into a tailspin. The pain of not being able to stand by our loved ones and the grief of losing our dear ones is undefinable.
Remote learning, lock-down, work from home, job losses, and social isolation have taken a toll on our mental health. It’s natural to feel anxious during these trying times.
We are happy to share some ideas with you to stay positive during these tough times.
- Inviting your friends over a virtual coffee is a great way to reconnect with them. Post a picture of your virtual coffee date and tag us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. We will be delighted to share it on our social media account.
- Cooking is both mental and physical therapy and allows you to express your creativity in the kitchen. Don your chef’s hat and apron to flaunt your culinary skills.
- Mediation gives our soul peace of mind. It increases our patience, creativity, imagination and tolerance.
- Pamper yourself and replace the vicious stress cycle with a bit of self attention.
- Relive your childhood days by playing a family chess Tournament or any board game. It’s a fun way to spend quality time with your family and strengthen relationships.
Staying connected with nature helps burst stress. A time spent alone in nature relaxes the mind and soul. Try building a planter box or a patio garden.
- Explore your creative side and give wings to your imaginations. Everyone has some or the other talent that needs to be unleashed.
We can not choose or control our circumstances, but we definitely can choose or control our attitude towards them.
Parinita Team wishes you the best of mental and physical health in these difficult times. Stay safe and spread positive vibes.
1. Cover picture- Wynne Neilly
4. Sarah Pflug